Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happiness Is…

I had to do an assignment for my social psychology class a while back and it was dealing with how your ideas of love have changed or if they have even changed at all. The idea was to think back and recall as a teenager how you saw love. How you saw that perfect person for you. Then to think about now in your life and compare the two.

It was interesting for me because mine changed dramatically as I think happens as you age. Maybe not for everyone, but I certainly know that I look for different things these days. Which makes sense. I mean, as you age you realize that your needs for certain things change, so you change your ideas to fit those needs.

I kind of think that happiness is the same way. What once made me happy as a teenage girl, does not always make me happy as a woman who is 37. So, my happiness needs changed as I aged. I think that sometimes I forget that or I don’t realize that it has changed. So, I try to do what worked for me a few years ago to be happy and I wonder why I am not.

These days, the things that make me happy are so much simpler. A beautiful sunset, a conversation with a lost or old friend. I at times forget what makes me happy until I realize something is missing. Then I go hunting for my happiness. I am not really sure if this makes any kind of sense to you or for that matter me. One thing that I know made me happy when I was a teen girl was a good book. I still love to read today and I love to sit with a good book and just fall into it.

These days I love to cook. Some days more than others. At times I love to bake. I love to write. I have always written, a lot of people do not know that about me. Writing is like breathing to me. It makes me happy. Smile 

So go forth and find your happiness!!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment